2018 Annual Meeting
CALL FOR PROPOSALS
The New England (NEMLA) and New York State/Ontario Chapters (NYSO) of the Music Library Association, together with the Québec Chapter of the Canadian Association of Music Libraries, Archives and Documentation Centres (SQACBM), are now accepting panel, poster, and presentation proposals for our fall meeting at McGill University, Montreal, Quebec on November 8 and 9, 2018. We are pleased to announce that the MLA Board of Directors will also be joining us for this international conference. Please be advised that attendees from the U.S. will need a passport to attend.
We welcome submissions explaining and raising awareness of your recent projects, research, innovations, discoveries, etc., relating to music and to the profession of music librarianship — anything that you think would benefit Chapter members and their constituencies.
Presentations should be 35 minutes in length (including questions period). Please indicate if additional time is requested, subject to approval. Proposals must include:
- Name(s) and affiliation(s) of presenters/panelists
- Presentation language (English or French)
- Contact information (e-mail and telephone number)
- Title of presentation/panel
- An abstract of 100-200 words
- Any additional equipment required beyond a computer, Internet access, projector, and speakers
Please send proposals via e-mail to any member of the program committee, using the subject line: "Joint Conference Fall 2018 Proposal."
The proposal deadline is Wednesday, August 1, 2018. Accepted presenters will be notified of their status by August 15, 2018.
- Sarah Funke Donovan, Boston Symphony Orchestra
- Jim Farrington, Eastman School of Music
- Christiane Melançon, Université de Montréal
Montreal Meeting Preliminary Announcement
The New York State-Ontario (NYSO) and New England (NEMLA) chapters of the Music Library Association and the Quebec Chapter (SQACBM) of the Canadian Association of Music Libraries, Archives and Documentation Centres are pleased to announce a joint regional meeting to be held in Montreal at McGill University’s New Residence Hall on November 8 and 9, 2018. The event will be even more special because the MLA board will attend and hold their fall meeting in conjunction, and representatives from the CAML and IAML boards will be in attendance.
More details, including a call for proposals, will follow. All are invited.
U.S. attendees are reminded that they need a valid passport to enter Canada. Please plan accordingly.
- Lenora Schneller, NYSO chapter chair
- Marci Cohen, NEMLA chapter chair
- Rachel Gagnon, SQACBM chapter chair
Meeting organization working group members:
- Houman Behzadi, NYSO and SQACBM
- Cathy Martin, SQACBM
- Lenora Schneller, NYSO
- Jared Rex, NEMLA
- Marci Cohen, NEMLA